This year I played for the Sturgis Boy's Tennis team as a half of the first doubles team with Aidan Arnault. This year was an excellent and successful season for me and my team because for the first time we made it to the State Tournament. My biggest win was against Cape Cod Tech, to whom we've lost for the last two years really badly.
This activity helped meet LO4. In tennis this was an unique experience because in other activities in which I've met this outcome I had to work with a group of people (meaning more than one). In tennis, I was able to work with only one person: Aidan Arnault. This experience took this learning outcome to whole new level because not only did we work well together but we were able to develop a bond. The chemistry between Aidan and I allowed me to see the significance of a partnership and how I can achieve things when working with one individual rather than with a group. In the end I found that I enjoyed working with one person and allowing us to become closer instead of working with multiple people. Although with the latter I can accomplish more things, the personal gain when working with one person, personally, is better for me.
I was also able to meet LO1. I knew my good qualities in tennis which was playing consistently and most importantly keeping my head cool and stressing out when I make a mistake. However I also learned how to improve my forehand and backhand and my serving improved a lot. I also learned more strategies in doubles playing that helped improve my playing skills and helped me win more games.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment