Thursday, June 3, 2010

Final Reflection - Student Council

This year I served as the Junior Representative for the school's student council. My job included voicing the questions and concerns of my class and organizing the school functions. But in the end I did more than just that. I ended up planning, coordinating, and organizing almost entirely by myself every Student Council function, a responsibility that was not originally awarded to me but rather I had to step up and take charge.

I learned many things from Student Council. I learned that no matter how good one person may be at leading, there's always room for help. I realized this when everytime I planned an event I ended up doing it by myself and if I had a little help then maybe the functions would have turned out better. I also learned the powers of poor leadership. In situations like student council, strong and able leaders make all the difference. This year it did not turn out as such. Following their example, I learned what I could improve on and what I am doing well so that in the future I can be better.

This activity helped me meet LO2 because I had to undertake new challenges by representing my class and my organizing functions that I have never done before. It also helped me meet LO3 because I had to initiate activities and plan them (mostly by myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment