This year I participated in the Sturgis Prom Committee. I planned this year to raise money for Prom and help decide decorations and other details and actually be there to set up for the event. This year I helped at the chili sale by selling chili and washing the dishes. I also promoted the Sturgis Prom at the student-faculty basketball game by dressing up in a tuxedo and selling raffle tickets for a free prom ticket and a free tuxedo. In addition I helped make the candle votives and I sold prom and raffle tickets. On the day prior to the event, I went to the venue to set up the decorations. On Prom Night, I announced the winners for Prom King and Queen. The outcome of my work and others resulted in a wonderful night of eating, dancing, and fun.
This activity helped me meet LO5 because I particpated all year long and even though the event was in May I entered in September because I needed to stay all year long in order to plan for Prom. This activity also helped me LO3 because I ended up planning this event. Although most of the planning and the initiating was done by my advisor and in collaboration with others, I did come up with the idea to raffle a free prom ticket as a means to earn some money and I took charge in selling those raffles. In the end it became a successful raffle.
I truly enjoyed my experience at Prom Commitee, not necessarily because I was doing it, but because of the feeling of satisfaction I came out with. The fact that others enjoyed an event that I helped plan for also gave me a feeling of satisfaction and acccomplishment that made me realize that what I had done contributed to something important for those in my school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment