Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tennis Game vs. Mashpee

Today I played my first official match against Mashpee High School. Team AMERAZIL (Aidan and I) ended up winning 6-4, 7-5 in a match that was surprisingly challenging. We had been without practice for a couple of days and so we weren't as ready to play and I believe we should have done much better even though we won.

Throughout the match, I realized I was already achieving my personal goals. One of them was serving better, and I have always been a consistent server, but my serves haven't been as challenging for the opponent and today my serves were low, fast, and at an angle as opposed to a parabola. I also get close to achieving my other goal of being better at volleying (being at the net). I took some chances and although I didn't get every ball in, almost all of my balls were well placed on the opponent's court and we usually won the point. This showed me that I need to be more aggressive at the net and that it could pay off. I also achieved Learning Outcome 1 because I realized what I need to work on to improve which is just rallying. Sometimes by ball goes out or takes a parabolic shape and makes it easy for the opponent and so during future practices I will try to get more practice hitting the ball back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment