For the last week we've had four games, three of them in a row. These games helped me a lot as a tennis player to realize what I need to practice and how I could get better. The games against Harwich and Cape Cod Academy were certainly unwinnable since they are very good teams and we didn't expect to win from them. However Cape Cod Tech and Chatham were very winnable games that we lost 2-3 in both. In the Chatham game, I could have easily won but my partner in first doubles, Aidan, wasn't there and since we know how each other works and we have good communication, I wasn't able to carry that over with my partner for that game. In the Cape Cod Tech game, for first doubles, I thought was very difficult to win because they were the same pair we've been playing for the last two years and they are very good. But for the entire team as whole, we could have won since the lineup didn't change for either team and since we lost 2-3, it showed us that as a team we have improved because in previous years we always lost 0-5.
These games made me realize that what I need to work on is returning serves and hitting gorund strokes. During practice I tried to improve and when I played Harwich, even though we lost, I thought I improved so much because their serves were fast and difficult and I was able to hit most of them. The next day in practice, I played some singles with third singles and that helped me improve my ground strokes. I then played a challenge match against Aidan in which we tied 3-3. This was a great achievement for me since Aidan has always been better than me and the score showed that I have improved greatly and that I deserve my spot as first doubles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment