Saturday, March 20, 2010
Sturgis Strings (1/11-3/16)
The last few weeks of string rehearsal have been a little difficult for me since two of the songs we are doing are rather difficult but I believe that by the time the concert comes I will be prepared. I know that I have to practice more in order for me to be 100%. This second half of Sturgis Strings has come with an interesting surprise. For the next concert I will be playing a very difficult piece (not one of the two mentioned above) that I played when I was seventh grade at the Strings Jamboree (Advanced Level). At that time I had really challenged myself to play very difficult pieces at the advanced level. Now I have been given the opportunity to play that same piece, "Dance of the Tumblers", again. As a result I made a personal goal specificallt for this piece, and it's to play it better, more accurately and more importantly more confidently. Thus far, I believe that I am doing very well and out of all the pieces that we have played this piece has been my strongest and I feel really good about that achievement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment