Sunday, October 25, 2009

Student Council - Prep for Spirit Week and Dance

For the last week Student Council has been preparing for Spirit Week and the Dance. This was a new challenge for me because I have never planned a dance or spirit week before. However when planning for the Spirit Week I did it with the other elected officials and other members of the council. It was certainly a challenge for us since it was new to all of us including Mrs. Yalden but we managed to work it out. But for the dance, even though we talked about it as a group, I was the one who ended up doing most of the work. I had to initiate the activity by looking for venues and finally having to decide on the Federated Church. I had to ask around for DJs and advertise the dance to the school. This activity became an even greater challenge since I only had less than two weeks to figure everything out. I am not 100% with the upcoming dance because there was not enough time to plan, which was a hige difficulty. I managed to overcome that difficulty by simplifying the dance. I feel that this experience will help me and Student Council better organize the next dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment