Thursday, October 1, 2009

Prom Committee - Search for Gift Certificates for the Raffle

This week I volunteered to try to get gift certificate donations from businesses so they can be raffled off at Open House. Initially I only volunteered to get a gift certificate from Brazilian Grill but I also went to the 99 Restaurant, Cape Cod Chocolatier and Le Paris Nail Salon. The fact that I went to more businesses than usual surprised me. Usually I don't like to fundraise and participate in activities to raise money especially school related. It's not a habit that I have had over the years. What I did surprised me because it made me aware of my dedication to Prom Committee and to trying to help make a good prom. I went beyond what I usually do and stepped out of my comfort zone because I don't like asking others for donations. This made me realize that when I'm dedicated I can do things I've never done before. Even in prior activities where I have been extremely committed, I usually stay within my comfort zone and do everything to stay in it, but this time it changed. It actually gives me a lot of encouragement for the future because now I know that asking others for donations wasn't as terrifying as I originally thought it would be and should in the future I need to do it again or do something else I'll be more confident in doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment