Sunday, October 25, 2009
Away Game vs. Nauset 10/23
On Friday 10/23 we had a game against Nauset High School. We ended up losing 1-3 but we managed to win one set. This game was so much different than the last because we played together and everybody ran for the ball. I tried my best to pass the ball to the setter and rescue any ball that was shanked. But this game everybody pulled together and even though we lost, we played more as a team in this game than any before. On a more personal note, I feel like I am getting closer to the other part of my goal. First I wanted to be able to do a floater serve which I already achieved. The second part of my goal was to be able to consistently hit back row. In previous games I always pushed or shot the ball over the next because I didn't feel ready to hit backrow. This game pushed me one step towards my goal. Although I still pushed and shot most of my balls to the other side, this is the first time where I actually attempted to hit the ball. I made split second decisions to do something risky. Surpisingly all of my hits made it over to the other side. I see now that my practicing paid off and although I don't think I achieved my goal yet I feel like I'm so much closer and for the next game I'm going to try harder to approach my goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment