Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Spirit Week 10/26-10/30

Spirit Week was an interesting week for me because I had to do jobs and was required to do other things I have never done before. For the main part of the week (Mon-Thus) I had the job, as Junior Rep, to excite my class and get them to participate and have some spirit. Working with the junior class in this manner was certainly a new challenge for me. I had to talk to people I don't normally talk to and I had to be especially loud that week in order to arouse some excitement in my peers. However it was extremely frustrating and difficult. I have to say that it was particularly difficult for me, I believe, more than for the other representatives, because the junior class has a tough time getting into spirit. The majority of our class doesn't like to participate in any school related events and many refused to dress up on the themed days. On Friday however most of the class showed up in green, although some students still did not, leaving me apprehensive for next year. I was really glad that in the end our physcial stength and athletic competiviness brought our class to second place on the field day.

Working with student council was also an interesting new challenge. We had to come up with several activities and we had to create the entire point system and all the other rules on our own. There were definetely some strengths and some weaknesses but I believe that by next year we will have an even stronger Spirit Week. I also have to say that it was a little bit hard working with the rest of the Student Council because I had to defend my class and demand what was fair to us even though people tended to disagree with me. I felt that at times it was somewhat unfair but I realized that I couldn't fight it and I didn't think that was right. I hope that in our future activities our planning will be more efficient so that there can't be any ambiguity in the rules which happened on several occasions.

1 comment:

  1. All of your journals and reflections are excellent. Your CAS activities are right on track. Great job.

    ReplyDelete